lisacollins

Lisa Likes Books

Chopsticks

Chopsticks - Jessica Anthony, Rodrigo Corral Somebody get the crash cart, because my heart is doing all sorts of weird things. I loved Chopsticks on a million different levels. I usually like it when books get extremely deep into the nitty-gritties of everything, but Chopsticks skirts right along the top of Frank and Glory’s relationship giving you just enough to understand the story. I wish it would have had a bit more of the storyline to it. When I got to the last page I was almost sad it was over. It was so lovely… and, in some ways, very heartbreaking.On the other hand though, while I love the romance in the story I’m extremely confused about what actually happened. I was researching the book and there’s a ton of interpretations spanning from Glory just being tired to her having a serious mental illness to Francisco (Frank) not being real at all. I don’t know, but I do hope to find out “officially” sometime. I have an idea (okay, I’m actually pretty positive), but for the sake of not influencing anyone else’s interpretation, I’ll hold my tongue. (Totally come talk to me about it!) ETA: I just read the description for the first time and feel dumb because it sort of explains things.Apart from the storyline: I adored the design of this entire novel. I’m a very big fan of aesthetically pleasing graphics (I love design!), so I was practically screaming when I was looking through this book. Oh, the photos! Oh, the typesetting! Oh, the formatting! Oh, EVERYTHING! This is a very artistic and beautiful book, and I think everyone can agree with that.As a whole, despite the shallowness and slight confusion of the story, I really loved this (graphic) novel and would recommend it to anyone. At the end of the day, even if you end up not liking it, it probably would take less than an hour to read. I really want to buy this… like pronto!